30 July 2008

"The Beach is Back!"

So we got home from the beach on Monday. We had a ball with the whole Allen family, plus Valerie and Madison, and Taylor's boyfriend Tyler. For the first time ever, Chase and I got to be married and sleep in the same bed (which was TERRIBLY uncomfortable) when we were staying with his family. Geez, I feel so grown up finally!

Saturday was spent lounging on the beach. Val, Mad and I all built a very assymetrical, sustainable (ahem, kinda...in the "green" sense of things) and creative sandcastle. Tracy Pace would be so proud of me! The down time on the beach was spent people watching and indulging in my newest addiction book, "Wifey" by none other than my favorite author, Judy Blume. Yep, the "Fudge" book lady....she writes adult novels too.

Sunday, we (Chase, me, Hunter, Taylor, Tyler and Barbie) arose early to go deep sea fishing. We arrived at Orange Beach Marina by our captains Joseph and Andy (friends of friends) and Andy's girlfriend Sarah. Let's just say Sarah would not need floatation devices if the boat sank out in the middle of the sea. :) (I know, not nice!) I ended up catching about 7 or 8 fish....one of that being a shark! It was only 3' long, but still....A SHARK!

Monday, we stayed on the beach for an hour or two and then took Christmas card pictures and headed home. Not getting enough gumbo on the short trip, Chase and I ramsacked two pack and go places in search of gumbo. No gumbo at either place....some Yankee probably grabbed up the last batch on their way home. I guess I would feel better knowing a Yankee had the gumbo, because you can't get the real thing up there. Bless their heart....life must be tough talking weird and thinking that BBQ is burgers and hotdogs on the grill....none the less, not having gumbo. I can still manage to find the real thing here.

Tuesday rounded up for my 25th birthday. Holy friggin big mama cow! I'm a quarter of a century old. Where did time go? I got SEVERAL phone calls during the day and LB sent me adult mad libs and an Audrey Hepburn picture book. God bless her soul, she knows the way to my heart. I love that girl. Paige called and we talked....she got a new job! Yeay!!!

Okay, rambled enough, not feeling very talkative (imagine that) nor do I feel that I have enough funny stories to tell you about, so I'll leave it at this for now. I will shortly post beach pics.

No comments: