01 August 2008

The Sun Shines Bright on My Old Kentucky Home....

That's right ladies and jinks. Today at 4:00 (unless we get to leave work early like last Friday *crossed fingers*) my right hand man, ahem, dog....and I will be heading up 65 to my beloved HART COUNTY KENTUCKY!!!! I have been incredibly homesick the past few weeks and I couldn't be more thrilled to get home. I have longed for a Saturday morning where I can sit on MY front porch in my pj's and eat cereal. (One of my long time summer traditions, though I can't tell you when I started doing it.) I can't wait to drive all 3 seconds through downtown Horse Cave and be in my childhood hometown.

There is not much of an agenda for me. Birthday dinner and cake is in order for me on Saturday night with mom, dad and Sally. Laura Beth may possibly be joining us for supper as well. The only things I know that are definate are finding an antique wash stand for the house, visiting LB's grandfather (at his request) and I have my last wedding shower (yes, even though I am married...we just ran out of time) at my church in Munfordville. I am quite excited to have this one, as it is a recipe shower!!!!

Where is Chase going to be, might you ask? Ah, The Big Easy on a bachelor party. Nice, huh? I kissed him goodbye this morning and warned him to to go too far down Bourbon Street. That could be a bachelor party gone really wrong....

Alright....back to work.

No comments: