08 July 2008

Domestic goddess at work!

Yesterday, I thought I would be "wifely" and go grocery shopping. Unfortunately, I was not able to go to my beloved Pig close to the house, which I much prefer. It's the time of month that I must refill my prescriptions and I had to go to the Irondale Wal-Mart. If you live in Birmingham, you know that that place is on the list of your "avoidables." If you don't....well, let's just be nice and say that it is an unpleasant experience. Wal-Mart makes me nauseaous. Okay, I know I get nauseated a lot, but this is on the top thinks that make my skin crawl. I swear I used half of my anti-bacterial liquid on my hands when I left and then scrubbed them when I got home. Just to bitch for another minute.....they carry no "ethnic" cheese beyond Feta! Finally! An excuse to go to my Pig!

Anyway, we cooked a fabulous meal last night! Squash on the grill with Tex-Mex turkey burgers, avacado and homemade verde salsa! And he never believed me when I said I would cook when we got married! I fooled him! Funniest part of last night was when we sat down to dinner and Chase decided he would bless the food last night instead of me. Well...poor thing was completely drained, and literally started out, "As I lay me down to sleep...." No joke! I got him started on the RIGHT prayer, but we giggled the whole way through. Whoa!

That's it for now. It's Tuesday, 4 days away from Friday!

1 comment:

Chase said...

You have been quite "wifey" lately. I love it!! You make me laugh, I'll keep looking for those green snake boots for you. I love you.