07 July 2008

I want a pair of waders....

Yes, it's true....for some reason I have decided that I need a pair of wading boots. No, I don't fly fish or hunt, but I figure I spend enough time out at the lake or the riv-uh that I need a pair. I saw a pair in the back of Chase's car yesterday and they were unfortunately too big. Maybe I can get Hunter to find me a cool green pair or something when he's out on the road.

The weekend was great....we had a blast with Chase's family. Chase and I went down on Thursday evening to get things ready by getting an early start on cooking and installing a new airconditioner. On Friday, Eddie, Barbie, Bree the chocolated lab and Hunter and his crew came down. We ate and headed up to our friends, the Barron's house for their elaborate fireworks show. The could seriously compete with "Fireworks on Red Mountain" in Birmingham. If you only knew the pyro-technics behind the show... We ended up assembling our new patio gazebo on Saturday. Maybe that's where I should start by telling you about my series of accidents throughout the weekend. Might I add that none of these involved alcohol believe it or not.

Saturday morning: Fell backwards out of a chair off the deck and on a hill. Resulted in great roars of laughter from my husband, his mom and me. I had a nice bruise to go with the storytelling. It's huge, I'm telling ya. Later that evening, I was helping install the canopy over the gazebo and bent down to tie something and knocked a knot on my forehead. Later on I burned my hand on the bread pan. To top it off....my clumsy little dog fell into the water and bless his little heart, couldn't figure out how to resurface.

Despite the accidents, we were all able (and by all, I meant me, Chase, Hunter, Valerie, Madison, Bree and Winston (the dogs) to participate in the Brushy Creek Community, 12th annual, Forth of July Boat Parade. We weren't able to get things decorated like we would have wanted, but leave it to two interior designers to come up with a few things. We had the time of our lives!

On a side note from the weekend's activities, today is Winston's one year adoption anniversary. It's hard to believe that we have had the little guy a whole year! Yeay Winston! We celebrated last night over ice cream, Winston included!

Winston and Chase in the new gazebo!

Cute Madison with her impromptu "Lady Liberty" crown.

Playing on the boat.....as you can see, Winston is not too far away!

No comments: