19 May 2010

Confessional

I can't stop thinking about it. It happened nearly a year ago....only once, Chase was out on the ski slopes. Too far away for it to happen on a regular basis.

It's true, I had/have a love affair....with a sandwich. Did you really think I was scum of the earth and have an affair outside of marriage? Shame on you!

Anyway, last spring when we went skiing in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Chase's mom, his sister and I went shopping while the boys were out on the slopes. We happened upon this little sandwich shop in downtown Steamboat called Backcountry Provisions. It wasn't fancy, but the sandwich was WONDERFUL. It was a build your own type....all my favorites. Roast beef, asaigo cheese, tomato, lettuce, pickles, sprouts, mustard, mayo and olive oil, all on sour dough bread. I have tried ohsohard to recreate it, but it just doesn't come out to the perfection I once tasted.

Yes, this is all I have to write about, but that sandwich is consuming my mind. Chase, dear, all I want for my birthday is a sandwich from this place.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hmmm...sounds like a craving to me. ;)