03 July 2008

Happy Birthday America! Well....tomorrow at least.

Yeay! Last day of the work week! We're heading to our humble abode we lovingly call "The Mini-Biltmore" on Smith Lake tonight! Chase, Winston and I are going up tonight to get some work done, and then the in-laws, Hunter, Val-dog and Madison are coming tommorow at some point. I have a scrumptious menu planned out to make everyone's mouth water....and to prove to Chase that he married me for a reason. :)

This week has been short and busy. Starting with the weekend. Chase and I acted like true newly weds starting at Bed, Bath and Beyond, Restoration Hardware and Belk. We suited up with gift cards and bought some new outdoor furniture, a new comforter set and a lot of other really neat stuff. Saturday night, Chase, his cousin Emily and I all went to Tuscaloosa for our friends' Allison and Jeremy's wedding celebration! We couldn't exactly find the location in downtown, so we decided we needed to stop at Innisfree and take shots. 1 round of Jaeger bombs and a red snapper! They were magic shots, because right after that, we found the reception! After rounds of running back and forth between the party and back to Innisfree throughout the night, we decided to get a hotel in T'town and take on the town like we were back in college. I swear I felt like I was living in a crazy movie.

We put our new furniture together on Monday night celebrating with several glasses of wine, sushi and salmon. Tuesday we went to Moody to eat dinner with our good friends Meagan, Brent and their daughter Carter. Meg kept us laughing all evening long.
<-----The Brownies!!!!!
I thought I'd start blogging for several different reasons, but if you want me to get really self centered, I will. I have 4 best friends from school. We call ourselves The Brownies, and we are scattered among Kentucky, Alabama, Missouri and Indiana. We talk a lot, but I think that a blog would be a great way to still stay connected. I love those girls. It's funny, because we haven't all been best friends since the beginning of college. We picked up about our late junior year and it's been pure mayhem ever since! We all recently saw each other about 2 weeks ago, when Chase and I got hitched. They left the husbands at home and we partied like we were freshman again all weekend long.

That's it for now, gotta finish the menu for the weekend! Ciao!
PS. Our wedding photos are up now! Check them out...Clinton did a FABULOUS job!
Clients
Allen Wedding


No comments: