12 February 2010

Still hanging in there...

I'm becoming quite the Friday poster here! My substance for blogging material has been rather bland. I'm quite sure you all aren't interested in my study habits I've developed or my slight encounter with two razorbacks in our work parking lot this week. (It was no encounter, but rather sighting of them heading for the hills...I'm not kidding! Our work property...in the middle of 280 Birmingham backs up to the Waterworks land preserve.)

I'll recap last weekend and hopefully I will have something wonderful to tell you all this week....

Last weekend, one of my childhood best friends and tribal sorority sisters, Alecea and her fiance Josh came for the weekend. We all went to the Brad Paisley & Miranda Lambert concert on Friday night. It was hands down one of the top five concerts I've been to! Saturday was spent staying warm and watching SEC basketball. We blended Alabama and Tennessee fans well in our home!


Sunday, Chase's parents came into town to celebrate their birthday with all the Allen kids and significant others. We convinced them to spend the night with us and had an impromptu Super Bowl party. Who dat! Chase smoked a butt on the Green Egg and I made the BEST BBQ nachos ever. I'm tooting my own horn on this one, because they were awesome....I have to give it up to Emeril Lagasse for the recipe. I found the recipe on MarthaStewart.com. Click here for the link!



I also finished painting my front door to give our front facade a little "pop" as you drive down the street. I can't resist a red front door!


Well, that about sums up our weekend. I've spent the rest of the week with my nose the Interior Design Reference Manual and Chase has been in New Orleans for work since Wednesday. We're awaiting our predicted BIG SNOW today and the arrival of my parents and sister from Kentucky this evening! It should be another enjoyable weekend! I hope yours is too!


2 comments:

-Sally said...

looks like the front door at home

Rachel said...

Yum on the nachos!!!

How did I not notice your newly painted front door this morning?? Must've been the child in my arms, in footy pajamas and a tutu, crawling up my shoulder because of Winston. :) ...Then she remembered that they were friends.